Saturday, May 1, 2010

Running out of time

WOW! Where had the time gone. With only one more week of our classes with Mindy, our time together is almost done. I look forward to our classes each Friday. Mindy has done a great job teaching us and meeting with friends each week to has really been great. Thanks Mindy for having chef Mike Austin with us yesterday. Not only was he so funny, but he taught us some great stuff. And the food was so good. I'm anxious to cook it for my family. I also like the idea of cooking large amounts of food and freezing meals. With my busy schedule, my poor family doesn't get the best meals sometimes and this would be great.
I haven't been exercising, I don't have the strength and my muscles around my lungs get tight. I had to leave work Thursday morning as I was so weak. I got into my family doc who said it is not my lungs, but the muscles around them. I got into a neurologist Friday and he is checking for Myasthenia Gravis. Lots of blood drawn and a cat scan of my chest and medicine will hopefully help. I'll find out the blood tests and cat scan results next Thursday. I just want to be able to have a normal day again. This has gone really fast and got really scary Thursday that I felt like I would end up in the hospital. Sitting on my couch all day long is not my idea of taking personal time from work.
Even though I have not been able to exercise, I am still tracking and watching what I eat. I actually lost some weight just doing that. I will miss the tracking booklet, it is really great to have a visual of what I eat as a reminder. I'll just carry around a small notebook and continue tracking. I am determined to get back to exercising and hopefully with the medicine I can. Have to wait to see the doc and get the results so I can see what I can do. No matter what, this program has been great to open up so much for my health, to eat better and learn about exercising so when I'm able, I'll continue. And we'll see each other at the gym too.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa...
    I am sorry that you are experiencing such horrible health issues....I am glad you are still keeping on track with the input, keep your spirits up & know that you are in my prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about you all weekend! I hope you are feeling better and that you will get some answers soon. I know how frustrating health issues can be-I have Fibromyalgia, which happens to be flaring up right now and causing a lot of muscle pain. Hang in there and know you are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete